Yeah yeah, I’ve heard it a million times from men specifically. Watching Carrie and her friends on Sex and the City is mind numbing. I’ve even heard ridiculous declarations like the show is actually soft porn for women. Guys, open your eyes and admit. You have no clue why we watch it. To you, the dialogues and those (rare) sex scenes spell kinky but we seldom get our jollies from the show. I could argue, you could roll your eyes and give me that sarcastic smile so let me cut to the chase and put our reasons for loving the show down in points.
1. You meet a lot of shmucks: wrong men, stupid men, chauvinistic men. The road is a therapy, you learn your lessons, make more mistakes and move the hell on. This is why we cry every time Carrie breaks up with Big and when Samantha said good-bye to Richard.
2. Chicks before d!@#$: yes, this is the retort for your crazy “Bros before hoes”. We women don’t consider every other member of our sex a threat, as is the belief. We fall back on each other like Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha do and befriend a random stranger in the restroom.
3. We are always on the search: call us desperate but take a look at the mirror first. Love is ultimately what we need. The column Sex and the City is exactly about that. We may be from a traditional or a fast-forward country and our tactics may vary but we are constantly looking for love. It took Miranda five years to realize she is in love with Steve, it may take us a gazillion more but we will reach there.
4. New York, New York: the city holds our hearts. NYC, when we refer to it, may not mean that city by Hudson but the city we grew up in. Whatever it is, we are city girls. Nothing, not even a bare-chested Ryan Raynolds, can lure us away from it.
5. We heart shoes: no matter what, we strongly believe that a brisk walk to our favorite shoe store can cure even the most monstrous pitfalls. Remember how Charlotte had to literally go into therapy after befriending that shoe store guy? Hey, bankruptcy didn’t cure us, I don’t think you staring at our shoe closet with a stern headmaster frown will.